Saturday, May 21, 2005

CSET Section II US History

Well, well, well - this is my third test in the credentialing series (second in the CSET Series) with one more test to go in July. This one covered US History - after 39 multiple choice questions and 3 essay questions - I was burned out but happy after the 3 1/2 hours it took me to complete the test! Overall I actually think I did ok - I knew the answers to most of the questions - nailed the first long essay, and did ok (I pray) on the second two essays. We shall see.

Now what kind of questions? The usual stuff but tricky in many ways. For example you had better know about Andrew Jackson and his exercise of power against the Nullification of Tariffs, and of course the influence of Booker T. Washington and W.E.B. Dubois and their influence on the US in the 20th century - comparing and contrasting their philosophies and approaches - likewise you had better be familiar with the transportation systems and urbanization patterns. In a similar manner, immigration patters.

Well a good effort deserves a reward: Charito and I went out to dinner at our favorite spot and sipped some wine while listened to wonderful flamenco guitar all the while enjoying a wonderful chicken Chimi Churri - an Argentinean dish out of this world! Yumm.... The chef is just excellent. Capped of course with a cup of excellent coffee and a desert! By the way and just in case, the name of the place? Friar's Folly in San Marcos – see the link below:


No comments: