Wednesday, April 29, 2009
A team of teachers at our school delivered a special review session for preparing our Academic Earth Science students for their CST. It has held on a Saturday for three hours on a volunteer basis (yes plus extra credit) and we had over 100 students show up ready to work. The sessions were conducted alternating teaching and review testing, teaching, review testing, etc. until we covered all the essential standards. At the end prizes were awarded to the highest scores. It was a Saturday to remember -
Friday, April 17, 2009
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
- Teachers each day will fill lamps, trim the wicks and clean chimneys.
- Each morning teachers will bring a bucket of water and a scuttle of coal for each days session.
- Make your pens carefully. You may whittle nibs to the individual taste of the pupils.
- Men teachers may take an evening each week for courting purposes, or two evenings a week if they attend Church regularly.
- After ten hours in school, the teacher may spend the remaining time reading the Bible or any other good books.
- Women teachers who marry or engage in unseemly conduct will be dismissed.
- Every teacher should lay aside from each pay a good sum of his earnings for his benefit during his declining years so that he will not become a burden on society.
- Any teacher who smokes, uses liquor in any form, frequents pool halls or public halls or gets shaved in a barber shop will give good reason to suspect his worth, intention, integrity and honesty.
- The teacher who performs his labor faithfully and without fault for five years will be given an increase of twenty-five cents per week in his pay, providing the Board of Education approves.
Heritage Hill Historical Park
Lake Forest, California