In any case, it was a great experience to go back to school as an adult. Some day I will expound. Let me just share that working full-time and going to school part-time was/is a wee-bit stressful at times.
Well, it is done! I graduated with a history degree in December 2004 - now it is time to move forward with the credential program... thus this Education 422 (Technology) class.
Oh, by the way, I took two of the prerequisite classes to get into the teaching credential program: Education as a profession, and Multiculturalism during my last semester. Lots of busy work, some productive, some - oh well, never mind. I am glad these are behind me. Two "A"s by the way :)
OK - so what's next?
A miasma of requirements! There is a plan but never a straight line - you really have to work hard to get things in order. I guess this is part of the challenge - so you roll with the punches... I pray there be value in this excercise and the upcoming education classes.
- Computer use in the classroom - done; got an A in the class
- Apply to graduate school - get admitted and enrolled - done; admitted
- Apply to the College of Education - huge application - done; admitted
- Interview with College of Education - done; ~90 slots for 150+ applicants!
- Fingerprinting - done; livescan done at the Escondido Police 4/5/05
- State Clearance - done; cleared July 2005
- TB test - taken; passed, and submitted to COE 4/18/05
- CBEST Test - taken 2/19/05; passed!
- CSET Test - World History - taken 3/19/05; passed!
- CSET Test - US History - taken 5/21/05; passed!
- CSET Test - CA History - taken 7/16/05; passed!
- Got accepted into the program (Single Subject Part-Time)! - April 29th, 2005
- First Aid Class (Red Cross) - taken; passed; and submitted to COE July 2005
Onward and upward....