Sunday, September 17, 2006

I WONDER ….

It seems that the word “outsource” causes big worries in most households due to potential job loss, etc. But if you look at what is being outsourced – it is generally something that is in fact too expensive to procure locally (or nationally) or else is in short supply. I was wondering when this was going to hit the US in the education field – I wonder…

As a previous post mentioned, the UK is outsourcing some math teaching to India. This time, parents are reacting to the need to have tutors in the sciences… so here is the headline:



Very interesting – can it be used to supplement kid’s interests and talents? Hummmm…. Can something like this be set-up with the University of Mexico, or expert students to help kids in the US that have challenges academically? I wonder….

What do you think…. Drop me an e-mail if this intrigues you (Argentina?, Bolivia?)

No comments: