Saturday, July 16, 2005

CSET SECTION III

Well… I just completed Section III of the CSET History exam! This section of the exam supposedly covered California history but … no, of course it didn’t; it was all over the map! The 40 multiple choice questions and three essays covered a range of topics most of which were general historical topics – few related to California – oh well!

Now let me think, in addition to your subject matter Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree you must take: EDUC 350 (3 units), EDUC 364 (3 units), EDUC 422 (3 units) in addition, you must provide a minimum of two letters of personal recommendation by a public school teacher to be accepted into the program, you also must pass: the CBEST test, the CSET Section I, Section II, and Section III tests for history, BCLAD Language Oral test, BCLAD Written test, the College Of Education Interview, the Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) given by an authorized Red Cross provider , the FBI and Security Clearance as authorized by the State, a TB test, and finally you must submit your Records of Immunizations from the time you were born (no kidding!). Now you can continue your credentialing classes! Most of my cohort group is drooping like I am!

This whole affair feels like gigantic pasquinade being played on myself and my cohort group!

Help!

I am going out to dinner with my family to one of my favorite restaurants which I playfully call the “Road-kill” café........ I am gently chided by my wife and family NO! It is called the Roadhouse Grill as we rush out of the house because I envision a cold tall one waiting for me to go along with the a great steak - and peanuts on the floor! Salud!

1 comment:

Telma said...

Felicidades! sección III del CSET eh?? al bolsillo! una menos! adelante tío! tú puedes! serás un gran maestro ;).